Among the different types of cleaners on the market, one of the most versatile is Pine-Sol Multi-Surface Cleaner. This product can be used to clean and sanitize a variety of surfaces, including sinks, toilet bowls, and floors. Did you know that pine-sol can also be effectively used to clean carpets?
Well, now you do!
But how and when to use it on carpets is still a mystery! That’s why I am here to give you a hand.
In this article, I will show you how to use pine-sol on carpets to make them look and smell fresh and new. I will also share some tips further on how to get rid of its strong odor. So, let’s get started.
Depending on the type of carpet, you can use pinesol on it. Since it can damage certain types of carpet fabric, it’s better to test it in an inconspicuous area.
I have a light-colored carpet, and using Pine-Sol on it made it look clean and smell like fresh pine. I was worried that the pine scent would be too strong, but the pine scent was barely noticeable after it dried.
So, find out whether your carpet is suitable for the cleaner, and then use it the right way.
What is Pine Sol Actually?
Pine-sol is a pine-scented multi-surface cleaner and disinfectant made by The Clorox Company. Pinesol was first introduced in 1929 and has been used to clean hardwood floors, counters, toilets, and carpets. The product is available in various scents, including original pine, lemon, lavender, and Floral Fusion. 
The active ingredients include pine oil, pine extract, sulfonic acid, isopropyl alcohol, alkyl alcohol ethoxylates, cleaning properties, and sodium chloride. The pine oil is what gives its distinctive smell. It also has disinfectant properties that effectively kill bacteria and viruses.
People like it because it is very effective at cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. It also has a refreshing pine scent that can make your home smell like a forest.
Can You Use Pine Sol for Cleaning Carpets?
Can you use pine sol on the carpet? This is a question that many people ask, and the answer is yes!
Pine-sol can be used on carpets to clean and disinfect them. However, before using it on the carpet, you should always dilute the cleaner with water. It will help prevent damage to the fibers.
Pinesol original is one of the most popular products and has been used for years. It is made from pine oil and is a natural disinfectant. Pinesol cleaner can help remove dirt, grease, grime, and stains when used on carpets.
Besides cleaning carpets, pinesol can also be used on upholstery. Simply mix pine sol cleaner with water and use it to clean your sofa or chairs. To eliminate the pine odor, add a few drops of essential oil to the mixture. It helps freshen up the room and make it smell nice and clean.
Even if you are thinking about getting rid of pet urine, pinesol can help. Simply mix pine sol cleaner with water and use it to clean the area where the accident happened.
Pine-Sol cleaning solution does not contain ammonia-based chemicals, which means it will not cause your carpet to fade. It also produces no hazardous emissions and should not be a health hazard. It’s fine to use around kids and pets because it is non-toxic.
However, Pine-sol is an excellent product around the house and can be used for many things besides cleaning hard surfaces. So, next time you look for a cleanser that does it all, reach for pine sol! You won’t be disappointed.
How to Use Pine Sol on Carpet
Pinesol can be used in many ways as carpet cleaners. But here I am showing the two major ways. The first is removing stains from carpets using pinesol, and the second is just deodorizing carpets using this cleaning agent. So, without any further ado, let’s get into the process.
Process of Removing Carpet Stains
You will need a clean microfiber cloth, pinesol, and water to clean carpet stains.
- First, take the clean cloth and soak it in the pinesol solution
- To remove stains, rub the affected area of your carpet with that soaked cloth. You will see the stain starts to disappear
- Once the heavy dirt marks are gone, take a fresh cloth and dampen it in warm water.
- Now use this damp cloth to remove pinesol from the carpet. You may also use a vacuum cleaner for the same purpose
- Ensure you have removed all pinesol traces from your carpet; otherwise, it will leave an unpleasant odor. And your job here is done!
Deodorizing Carpet Using Pine Sol
Pine-sol is also effective in removing bad odors from carpets. You will need a spray bottle, pine-sol, and water.
- First, take the spray bottle and mix pine-sol and water in it. You can use equal parts of both or adjust the ratio per your preference
- Now simply spray this solution on the smelly areas of your carpet
- Leave it for some time so that pine-sol can work its magic
- After that, vacuum clean your carpet to remove the solution and the bad odor. And you are good to go!
So, these were two ways of using pine-sol on carpets. I hope this was helpful for you, and you will surely try these methods the next time you need to clean your carpet.
Some Pro Tips for Using Pine Sol
Pine sol is an excellent cleaner and can be used on carpets. Follow these simple tips, and your carpets will look clean and smell fresh in no time!
- Always read the label before using pine sol or any other cleaning agents. This will give you specific instructions on how to use the product
- Use this cleaning agent in a well-ventilated area. The fumes from pine sol can be overwhelming, so it’s best to open some windows and doors while cleaning
- If you’re using it on the carpet, vacuum the area first. This will help remove any dirt and debris that could be trapped in the fibers of your carpet
- When using pinesol, always start with a small area first. This way, you can test the product and see how well it works before moving on to larger areas
- When cleaning for lengthy periods, use only high-quality gloves, safety goggles, and a face mask.
- Always keep the Pine-Sol container in a dry location away from children and pets
- Once the application is completed, seal off the treated area until it can be cleaned
- Pine-Sol should not be combined with other cleaners because it might lead to the formation of dangerous fumes
- You may use Pine-Sol in place of the normal carpet cleaning shampoo
- Flush your eyes or skin if Pine-Sol makes them itchy, and get to a doctor as soon as possible.
Pine-Sol is an effective cleaner, but it’s essential to use it properly. Be sure to follow the instructions on the label, and always test the solution on a small, hidden carpet area first. This will help you avoid any damage to your carpet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What Should You Not Use Pine-Sol on?
Pine-Sol should not be used on leather, suede, or other delicate fabrics. It’s also important to avoid using it on wood floors or furniture.
Avoid using it on waxed, unpainted, unsealed, unfinished, or oiled flooring. It is not recommended to use the laundry, dishes, car wash, steam cleaners, delicate fabrics, etc. If you must use Pine-Sol on these surfaces, be sure to dilute the solution and test it in a small, hidden area first. Undiluted pine sol on the carpet can damage the area.
Q: Is Pine-Sol Safe for Fabric?
Pine-Sol is a laundry booster that works on tough stains and deodorizes clothes during the wash. This item may be used to disinfect your home’s laundry with ease and affordability and without harming your clothing, bed linens, or other household textiles. But it is not recommended for certain types of fabrics like delicate ones.
Q: Can You Put Pine-Sol in a Carpet Cleaner Machine?
Pinesol is not recommended for use in carpet cleaning machines. The high concentration of pine sol and other chemicals can damage the machine. Use commercial cleaners for carpet cleaning if you want a carpet cleaning machine.
Q: Can You Spray Pine-Sol on Couches?
Pine-Sol is not recommended to use on upholstered furniture. The chemicals in pine sol can damage the fabric and cause it to deteriorate over time. If you must use pine sol on your couch, be sure to dilute the solution and test it in an inconspicuous area first.
You can mix a 50/50 ratio of pinesol and water and spray lightly over the couches. If you are unsure about the fabric, don’t forget to test it.
Pine-Sol is a powerful cleaning agent that can be used on carpets. Just follow these simple tips, and your carpets will look clean and smell fresh in no time!
Be sure to read the label carefully, use pine sol on carpet in a well-ventilated area, vacuum the area first, and rinse the area well after using pine sol. Allow the surface to dry fully before walking on it or placing the furniture back in the room.
That’s all for today! Hope to see you soon.